Canadian artists who have released recordings between May 1, 2018 and June 28, 2019 are eligible to submit their work for CFMA 2020. Artist eligibility criteria applies to all categories. Canadian artists, for the purposes of this competition, are defined as follows:
- A Canadian citizen or;
- A landed immigrant or;
- A person who has resided in Canada for two years (including the eligibility period).
- In the case of group submissions, at least 50% of group members must fulfill one of the above definitions of “Canadian artist.”
Please note if you have already submitted your album to a previous CFMA year, it is not eligible for submission in another year.
Final submission deadline is June 28, 2019 at 5:00PM EDT.
The CFMA reserves the right to disqualify any recording that does not meet industry standards. Recording eligibility requirements are different for artists submitting to Young Performer of the Year; see category 19 for specific criteria.
Please be aware, we have a no refund policy. It is vital to ensure your submission meets all eligibility criteria including for the definition for all selected categories. Submissions not accepted or disqualified will not be notified.
The CFMA defines recording eligibility standards as follows:
- Submitted recordings must be at least 30 minutes in length or feature a minimum of six (6) tracks.
- Eligible entries must comprise at least 75% recorded tracks that have not been previously released by the artist.
Recordings must fulfill all legal obligations (copyright information, payment of mechanical rights, etc.)
- Recordings must be commercially available in Canada, either through artist concert sales, retail outlets or via the internet.
All submissions become the property of the CFMA for the purpose of promoting the Canadian Folk Music Awards, and promoting the artists submitting this material.