Applications for CFMA 2023 Jurors are now closed. Due to the volume of applicants, only selected jurors will be contacted. If you are interested in applying as a juror for future years, be sure to subscribe to our mailing list.
Thank you for your interest in being a juror for the CFMAs!
If you have a background in music adjudicating or are in the industry as an artist / producer / distributor, etc., and interested in being considered for selection as a CFMA juror, please submit an application HERE. The deadline to apply is July 9, 2022. Due to the volume of applicants, only selected jurors will be contacted. Thank you in advance for considering lending your expertise to this extremely important process.
For a quick overview of the CFMA submissions eligibility please visit folkawards.ca/eligibility.
For a list of all 19 CFMA categories: folkawards.ca/eligibility/criteria/.
- All submissions are digital, and the juror voting process is conducted online.
- Categories which exceed more than 60 submissions are generally split between two juror pools (i.e. 5 jurors in each set).
- In selecting jurors, we attempt to respect our mandate as a national entity, i.e. by having representation from all geographical regions of Canada, and we aim to incorporate new jurors each year.
- We try not to select jurors for the same categories two years in a row.
- Due to the volume of applications, not all applicants will be placed. Many highly-qualified Jurors, both new and returning, may not be selected this year.
- As a thank you for their participation, Jurors are offered one comp ticket to the Awards Ceremony evenings and their name is listed in the event program.
Conflict of Interest
Tentatively selected jurors are sent a list of submissions for their category/ies. If a prospective juror or their immediate family are involved with any of the submitted recordings as a musician, songwriter, agent, producer, manager, etc. they must declare this. If you know now that you have a conflict with any artist/submission, avoid choosing those categories in the Juror registration form. This will NOT preclude you from being selected to judge a category for which you have no conflict.
2023 JUROR TIMELINE
(Dates are Subject to Change)
-[July 9, 2022]: Deadline for Juror Registration Form submission
-[mid/late July, 2022]: Selected Jurors will be tentatively assigned placements
-[August 4, 2022]: Date by which confirmed Jurors provided Round 1 voting access & instructions
-[Aug 4 – Sept 7, 2022]: Round 1 voting period to determine nominees in each category
-[Oct 6, 2022]: Jurors will be provided Round 2 voting access & instructions
-[Oct 6 – 13, 2022]: Round 2 voting period to determine recipients in each category
Thank you in advance for considering lending your expertise to this extremely important process. The Canadian Folk Music Scene is strengthened by the contribution of your time and expertise.
If you have any questions, please contact the CFMA office at firstname.lastname@example.org